UI/UX Designer, Oulu, Finland
Topcon Healthcare sees eye health differently. Our vision is to empower providers with smart, value-driven and efficient technologies for enhanced care. Keeping pace with the ever-changing landscape of the healthcare industry, Topcon Healthcare offers the latest integrated solutions including advanced multimodal imaging, vendor-neutral data management and groundbreaking remote diagnostic technology. Topcon Healthcare Solution EMEA is part of Topcon Healthcare Corporation.
Topcon Healthcare Solution EMEA is part of Topcon Corporation. It specializes in providing modern software solutions to eye care (e.g. optical stores, eye clinics). Its main target is to provide the whole workflow from the clinical device connection to archiving and telemedicine. Its solutions have been designed in cooperation with physicians and other healthcare professionals to offer excellent usability and performance. Our customers are optical retailers, clinics and hospitals.
At Topcon, we have a great spirit of doing things. You may still sense the enthusiasm and can-do attitude of a startup company while our global parent company brings stability and supports our product development and growth. We are a team of 43 professionals In Finland and only this year alone we expect to grow our personnel by over 20 people.
Do you love bells and whistles? Do you get up in the morning and welcome the day by visualizing material design comps and playing with sketch apps? Do you dream in pixels? If you do, then you should know, we are looking for a User Experience (UX) designer with a robust design sense; someone with a keen understanding about how a user navigates complex diagnostic apps with an eye for design. You should be able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews, and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
As the unique UX/UI designer you are, you will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and ensure excellent user experience, iterate upon it by applying user-testing. Areas of focus including content, controls, visual design and development, information architecture, user research, and branding.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Creating wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows
- Conducting usability testing
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Developing personas and usage scenarios
- Analyzing user feedback and activity, and iterating to enhance the user experience
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas
- Drive project timelines forward with efficiency
Our Ideal candidate would have:
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Knowledge of Agile development standards, eg:, writing user stories, epics and sprint planning sessions.
- Ability to work with clients and Product Managers to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
Please send your application including a salary request.
More information about the position: firstname.lastname@example.org, 0503459732
We look forward to hearing from you!